OUR SERVICES, ADOPTION INFORMATION, HEALTH WARRANTY
- HEALTHY PARENTS & HEALTHY PUPPIES - Screen out common genetic disease & provide exceptional veterinary care.
- TEMPERAMENT & SOCIALIZATION - Only those parent dogs with sweet, sensitive, friendly & intelligent temperaments will be bred. Our goal is to produce puppies with suitable temperaments for therapy work, and the best family companions. Puppies are exposed to a variety of handling and situations to support this temperament at each developmental stage.
- ADHERENCE TO BREED STANDARD - Our history working with labradoodles is one of the longest in the U.S. and our pursuit of the desired traits and standards as well as our time spent working with labradoodles is reflected in the superior puppies we produce. Silky, non-shedding fleece coats, blocky heads, thick boning, and physical traits that reflect more of the lab features than poodle features.
- ALLERGY FRIENDLY - The vast majority of our puppies are allergy friendly even for those with severe asthma or allergy issues. We are very careful to ensure the appropriate coat type for any family who needs an allergy friendly dog. Our labradoodle coats are not only non-shed and allergy friendly, but easier care than many of the super dense and thick, curly coats being produced by many breeding programs.
- COMMITMENT TO YOU - We are committed to each and every one of our families. We hope our site and program focus and goals will help you feel confident in our experience. Read our testimonials, seek our unbiased feedback about us online. We do our best to develop and maintain positive relationships with every family we work with.
BREEDING & TESTING
Everything we do at Spring Creek Labradoodles directly affects the quality, health and future of the dogs in our program, as well as the developing breed. Because of this, we feel a responsibility to research and understand genetics, common breed problems and the particular line we plan to perpetuate.
When we breed, it is with the intentions of contributing to the improvement of the developing breed, and only when we are in a position to properly care for the bitch and litter and capable of finding suitable homes for the puppies. The following is the code of ethics we operate by:
- We will only breed with stock that is in good health and which is physically and temperamentally sound. Both parents will have at minimum:
- Appropriate hip clearances by PennHip method , OFA, or Wallace independent review
- OFA Elbows
- Eye exam by an opthomologist certified by CERF
- PRA testing or cleared via parentage
- vWD clearance
- Most of our breeding dogs will also have additional health tests completed, such as:
- Thyroid testing and CBC
- vWD testing or cleared via parentage
- We keep accurate and thorough breeding records on all dogs in our program.
- We raise our puppies in a healthy environment with socialization appropriate at each age level.
- We will be available to answer your questions before and after you have purchased one of our puppies. We will answer them as openly and honestly as possible. Our commitment to you lasts as long as you own one of our dogs. Feedback from you after you have received your puppy is critical to the future of our program. The information you provide us about your puppy as he matures will help us to know what our lines are producing, and help us to make educated decisions for future litters.
The following things are included when adopting a Spring Creek
- Worming treatments at the appropriate age.
- First vaccination at 7-8 weeks
- ALAA registration for labradoodle puppies. Your puppy will come with registration papers, however you must become a member of the ALAA in order to transfer the registration papers into your name. No registration for goldendoodles available through the ALAA.
- Spay/neuter surgery (de-sexed) at 7 weeks (unless our vet is out of the country and unavailable). Spay/neuter certificate will be provided to you. For more information on Juvenile Spay/ Neuter, click here: CVM ES&N INFO and Early Sterlization ProgramCand The Truth About Juvenile Spay/Neuter
Only dogs selected as breeding quality will be sold intact. This surgery is required for every puppy being adopted as a pet only.
- Microchip and paperwork for ALAA registered labradoodles only.
- "Your Doodle & You" breed history, info, and training booklet
- Health Warranty/Contract
- Puppy Health Record
- Collar & leash, Nylabone or other quality toy
- 3 day supply of the puppy's current food
- Lifetime support
We promise our customers that we will do our best to provide them with the puppy of their dreams. We understand that it is very easy to fall in love with a picture of a puppy, but it is extremely important for families to understand that it is the temperament and personality of the dog that is most critical when determining which puppies and families will be best suited to each other. Our years of experience give us the knowledge and insight to understanding this delicate balance, and we will not place puppies simply based on a family liking the looks of a particular puppy. Reality is most of the puppies will mature to have a very similar look if all were kept in the same type of cut. We do ask for as much feedback as possible about what each individual family is hoping for, wanting, or needing and we will work with each family to identify the puppy that is best suited for them. We will screen each puppy buyer and strive to place every dog in a permanent home. We will assist in the placement or relocation of every dog to a new home, if purchaser's situation changes so they can't keep their pet. We do require a completed application to adopt a puppy.
We will ask you many questions about your lifestyle and living situation during the application process. We need to know that you are prepared to care for a puppy properly and that you are ready to devote time to training your dog so that he becomes a well-adjusted member of your family. Questions like: Do you have children? What is your experience with dogs, and what are your expectations for this pet? Have you had dogs before? What happened to them? We do our best to place all puppies with responsible pet owners, and asking questions is an important part of the process. Bringing a new pet into your family involves a long-term commitment of time, energy and money.
We will be intensely interested in the welfare of every puppy we produce. We greatly appreciate feedback on how the puppy is doing after two weeks in the home, and we love to receive pictures and updates whenever you are able to take the time to send them.
PUPPY STARTER PACKAGES AND GROOMING PACKAGES AVAILABLE THROUGH SPRING CREEK LABRADOODLES!
These are fabulous packages for anyone adopting a new puppy, or for families who already have a puppy or dog but want to have quality products and toys to use. Don't worry about having to shop for all the items you'll need when adopting a new puppy. We've already put the effort into having basic packages available for your use, and the cost is less than you'd pay at a local retail store in your town! No shopping, ho hassle!!! And absolutely no stress!!!
Click the links below for full descriptions of what is included in each package!
Puppy Starter Package - Top quality products that will help provide you all the basics you need to begin caring for your puppy from a crate, crate bed, leash, collar, toys, brushes, chew deterrant, waste bags, bowls, shampoo, etc!
Grooming Package - Quality products for bathing, brushing, ear and eye care, and trimming hair around delicate areas like the eyes, feet, ears, etc!
Email us at email@example.com to order your packages!!!
We guarantee that your puppy will be in good health when you receive him. All puppies will undergo an extensive health exam at the time of spay/neuter surgery, and again at the time of shipping if your puppy is flying to you. We provide a two year health warranty for hereditary disease. Any health problems that develop and are determined to be hereditary by at least two veterinarians, are under the health warranty. We do everything within our power to breed healthy litters of puppies. We health test for many of the most common diseases to the breeds we work with. This does not mean we can guarantee a puppy that will never develop health issues of any kind. There are many random health issues that strike dogs, just like people, and are not genetic in nature. We do our best to ensure you will be adopting a puppy that will be healthy for a very long time, but health is also determined by the food you feed, the vaccines and chemicals you subject your dog to, and other environmental things that directly affect or cause disease. HEALTH WARRANTY
When you first receive your puppy from Spring Creek, we ask that you allow your puppy time to settle into your home before taking him/her out into public. Give him time to settle in and do not overwhelm him with tons of visitors. We have each puppy examined thoroughly at 7 weeks of age, just before the spay/neuter surgery, and again just before shipping if they are being shipped. It is critical to your puppy's adjustment to your home to not allow too many people or activities during those first five days. You are not required to take your puppy to the vet right away as they have just a vet exam before leaving us. We realize it is fun to share your new puppy with others, but please understand your puppy's needs are more important than your own if you want to start your puppy off with the right start and socialization experience in your home. This includes a scary trip to the vet with a family they do not know. If any health issue is found, our health warranty will be honored. Please do not rush off to the vet in fear we will not honor our warranty. Our reputation is solid and we will always stand behind our health warranty.
Our full 2 year warranty covers any life altering genetic issue. Should a serious genetic issue be discovered within the first two years, we will pay the vet expenses for treating that issue up to 1/2 the purchase price of your puppy.
Our contract and health warranty for breeding purchases are not the same as our contract/warranty for pet purchases. If you are interested in purchasing a puppy for a breeding program, please contact us directly to discuss the contract/warranty.
SEE WHERE YOUR PUPPY IS WHELPED & RAISED
All our puppies are born in a corner of our bedroom where we can provide constant supervision and care to both mother and babies. This area is warm and inviting and full of color. Puppies are exposed to typical household sounds and sights from the first moments their eyes and ears open. Once they have graduated from the whelping pool and they need to stretch their legs more, they are moved to an indoor/outdoor setting where they can access a play yard during the daytime. The below pictures show our bedroom and also the normal sights of puppies being raised in our home and on our property. We have beautiful fields for romping in, and the puppies are given every opportunity for healthy stimulus that helps them to grow into the well adjusted puppies that we send off to each of our families. Mental and physical stimulation are incredibly important for the well being of developing puppies. They leave our home, and join yours, already accustomed to being a part of the family within the home, and without. When puppies reach an age where they need more room, we move them to our puppy nursery which has access to an outside puppy play yard.